Skip to content
Adapted from the internet..
Heat oil in pot over medium heat; add onion and saute 5 minutes, until golden.
Stir in garlic, chile, cumin and oregano, and saute 2 minutes.
Add in chard; cover; reduce heat to medium low, and steam 5 minutes, or until chard wilts.
Uncover, and cook 3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
In a second skillet place 1 tortilla in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 C cheese; top with chard mixture and second tortilla.
Cook 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Slice into wedges and serve.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (3/4 C)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano chili, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 12 ounces swiss chard, trimmed
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup light monterey jack cheese, grated