20 cups kale, torn into bite-size pieces, washed and thoroughly dried 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt Finely grated zest of 2 limes Flaky sea salt, or to taste Mild chile powder PREPARATION 1.Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Make sure the kale is dry; if it is not, it will […]
- 20 cups kale, torn into bite-size pieces, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes
- Flaky sea salt, or to taste
- Mild chile powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Make sure the kale is dry; if it is not, it will steam rather than crisp in the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss kale pieces with olive oil and kosher salt; you may need to do this in 2 batches. Massage the oil onto each kale piece until the oil is evenly distributed and the kale glistens. Spread the kale out on 2 17-by-12-inch jellyroll pans (or do this in batches). Bake the kale chips until the leaves look crisp and crumble, about 12 minutes. If they are not ready, bake for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Toss with the lime zest, sea salt and chile powder to taste.
1/2# Red Russian Kale (about what you are taking home today) Sliced into ½ inch ribbons 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6-10 garlic scapes, chopped finely salt and fresh pepper to taste ¼ cup white wine or dry vermouth Heat olive oil to almost smoking and add scapes. Sauté for a minute until browing […]
1 head of Cauliflower, quartered and then separated into florets a handful of fresh arugula or steamed kale or chard 1 garlic clove, minced 1 stick of butter, room temperature (1/2 cup olive oil can be substituted) 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons chopped parsley salt and pepper Boil water in two pans, one for […]
1/2lb. Red Russian Kale (about what you are taking home today) 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4-5 Garlic Cloves, minced Crushed Red Pepper 1/3-1/2 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock Boil 2 quarts salted water. Add kale and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Squeeze […]