Reprinted from the NYT
INGREDIENTS 3 pounds assorted root vegetables: carrots, parsnips, celeriac, potatoes, turnips, etc. 1/4 cup olive oil Salt and black pepper Chopped rosemary, thyme or parsley, plus more for garnish PREPARATION 1.Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel vegetables (optional) and cut them into 1- to 2-inch chunks, put them in a […]
Reprinted from the NYT
- 3 pounds assorted root vegetables: carrots, parsnips, celeriac, potatoes, turnips, etc.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped rosemary, thyme or parsley, plus more for garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel vegetables (optional) and cut them into 1- to 2-inch chunks, put them in a baking pan and toss with the oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetables in the oven and roast without stirring for 20 minutes, then check. If they look dry and are sticking to the pan, drizzle with more oil. Continue roasting, stirring or turning the vegetables once, for another 20 minutes or so. Stir in the herbs, then return the pan to the oven for another 20 to 40 minutes, until crisp. Remove from the oven. Garnish with rosemary or thyme.
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 35 minutes INGREDIENTS 3 tablespoons butter, more for greasing pie plate 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium leek, white and light green parts only, minced 4 small cipollini onions, minced 1 tablespoons minced Rosemary 3 cups heavy cream 2 pounds (about 6 medium) Keuka Gold potatoes (unpeeled), sliced 1/8-inch thick Salt […]
Ingredients 8 or 9 small or 4 or 5 large shallots, peeledare cut in half or quartered if large 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, washed and cut in half 3 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 4 sprigs rosemary salt and pepper to taste Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large baking tray mix the olive […]
- 8 or 9 small or 4 or 5 large shallots, peeledare cut in half or quartered if large
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, washed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large baking tray mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar (you can leave the balsamic vinegar out if you don't have any or don't like it), add the whole twigs of rosemary.
- Add the shallots and potatoes, stir so everything gets coated well
- Roast, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Depending on the size of the vegetables and your oven, they might take a little less or longer, it might be worth checking after about 45 minutes.
- Stir once or twice while roasting.
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and Celeriac 1 lb. celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks 1 lb. potatoes (peeled or unpeeled, your choice) cut into chunks 1 bay leaf 4 cloves garlic, peeled ½ cup heavy cream 4 Tb. Butter 2 tsp. horseradish salt and pepper to taste Combine celeriac, potatoes, bay leaf, and garlic with water […]
3 Tb. butter 2-3 leeks, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only) 1 tsp. dill 1 lb. potatoes, thinly sliced 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock 1 cup sour cream 4 Tb. chopped fresh chives, divided salt and pepper Melt butter in pot over medium-low flame. Add leeks and dill; cover and cook slowly, […]
A few medium potatoes Olive oil Salt, coarse kosher works best Preheat the oven to 425. Wash and halve the potatoes. Oil the bottom of a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan. I often use a pie pan. Oil the potatoes as well and roll the skins in salt, set the potato cut side down […]
2 pounds new potatoes Salt and fresh pepper 4 medium tomatoes ¼ cup olive oil 2 onions, quartered and sliced thinly ¼ cup dried thyme 3 garlic cloves, sliced ¼ lemon, sliced thinly 1/3 cup kalamata or nicoise olives, pitted and chopped (optional) Preheat the oven to 400. Boil potatoes in salted water for 4 […]
4-5 large potatoes, halved if they are baseball size or larger ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil Salt Fresh pepper Paprika Preheat oven to 400. Wash and dry potatoes. In a shallow bowl toss them in the oil, making sure they are completely covered, especially the cut edges. Place them in a baking dish cut […]
2.5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled 3 eggs or 1 egg and 2 whites, beaten 1 white onion, grated or chopped finely Quarter cup flour, toasted bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs Salt and fresh pepper 3 Tablespoons clarified butter, vegetable oil, or a mixture Coarsely grate peeled potatoes into a bowl of water. When ready to […]