Our Carbon Footprint
- In 2022 we pledged to transition farm operations to 100% clean energy and zero emissions from fossil fuel over the next 5 years .
- Since 2015 100% of the farm’s electricity has been supplied by an on farm solar array
- Since 2014 we run used fryolater B99 (99% biodiesel) during the summer and B20 in the colder months to power our farm equipment and heat our greenhouse
- The foundation of our organic management since 2004 has been building and sequestering carbon in our soils. We measure our soil health through annual testing and rely on it’s vigor to produce food we can be proud of sharing with our community.
- Certified Organic = Regenerative. Regenerative is being used to describe every product from dog food to laundry soap, whether or not those products actually build soil. Certified organic production is truly at its core a regenerative process. Our organic farm plan has to address how we are protect and build soil this year and for the next generation.