Another beautiful week ahead for all of us.
In need of some fresh ideas for the kitchen once you bring the harvest home?
- Think Pizza! Saute any variety of your fennel (!), onions, peppers, eggplant, chard, leeks and top your pizza. One member raves about pizza on the grill topped with fresh veggies. http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/grilled-pizza-recipe.html
- Cold Noodle Salads (like sesame or peanut noodles) tossed with cucumbers, shredded carrots, shredded kohlrabi, onions, leeks, chard
- Egg dishes like quiches – great with onions, leeks, chard.
- Stir fries. Great for this week’s share. If you’ve been making a lot of stir fry dishes, try some new sauces. Mix and match some of the veggies as needed with the recipes found here: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/letting-vegetables-inspire-a-stir-fry/
- KOHLRABI! You’ll see kohlrabi again as a mix and match with the fennel. Check out this article on kohlrabi from the New York Times: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/discovering-kohlrabi-its-a-vegetable/
- Speaking of fennel. Try it shaved on your salad. Or sliced thin & grilled.
- Ask us! If you are struggling with something in particular once you get home, please let us know; we are more than happy to share more specific ideas.
Pork for your freezer.
We are taking orders starting this week for custom pork . This is a great way to put quality local meat in your freezer. These are our own pigs raised here at the farm and processed however you like at a USDA inspected butcher. This is a great deal for high quality pork for your freezer this winter. Bacon, ham, sausage and ribs all processed and packed as you like. Neighbors and families can split halves or quarters. Whole pigs are $3.50/lb. hanging weight and halves are $3.75. Talk to us at pick-up for more details.
Blueberries Are Good.
Weeding is Wonderful
What’s Coming Around the Bend…
What’s in Upic:
What’s in the share with week: