Skip to content
- 20 cups kale, torn into bite-size pieces, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes
- Flaky sea salt, or to taste
- Mild chile powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Make sure the kale is dry; if it is not, it will steam rather than crisp in the oven.
- In a large bowl, toss kale pieces with olive oil and kosher salt; you may need to do this in 2 batches. Massage the oil onto each kale piece until the oil is evenly distributed and the kale glistens. Spread the kale out on 2 17-by-12-inch jellyroll pans (or do this in batches). Bake the kale chips until the leaves look crisp and crumble, about 12 minutes. If they are not ready, bake for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Toss with the lime zest, sea salt and chile powder to taste.